Caring For Timber Floors
Tips for keeping your timber floors beautiful for years to come.
Everyone thinks timber floors are a delicate and hard to maintain surface, but with the right tools and these simple rules they will maintain their beautiful lustre and charm for years to come.
1. Sabco’s famous Microfibre mop range: As far as we are concerned microfibre is the only way to care for timber floors. Our microfibre range includes more traditional shape strip mops such as the Wonder mop or Australian favourites flat mops such as the SuperSwish Xtra, XL Total or SuperSwish Duo that offer complete wet and dry cleaning for the ultimate hardwood floor care.
2. You don't need to use much water! Always ensure your mop is well wrung out and only damp when cleaning timber floors. Heavily wet mops cause water damage to floorboards causing them to separate or crack over time. A warm, lightly damp mop will ensure you floors dry quickly for beautiful streak-free results.
3. To clean high traffic corridors or brighten dull areas, it’s a good idea to use a product that is specifically recommended for timber and hardwood floors like the Sabco Hardwood Floor Cleaner, which is great for maintaining lustre and shine.
4. Starting at one end of a space, working the mop in an ‘s’ shape motion towards yourself and if using a floor cleaning solution, only spray in the immediate area you are cleaning in and repeat as you move along.
5. Clean up spills quickly! When a spill happens, always wipe them up immediately with a damp All-Purpose Microfibre cloth.
Tip *: To remove heavier scuffs, apply a little baking soda to a wet cloth and gently rub the mark until it disappears.
- Timber & Hardfloor Care